Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wearing History Trousers

 I am so glad Wearing History has a graded 1930s style trouser pattern! I whipped this pattern up quite quickly with some black cotton twill I had because sometimes in the summer I have to be on stage...which means all black. Well, of course, if I'm gonna be in all black I'm gonna do it in style! I cut for a size 26" waist and then graded out for my hips. I think the next time I do this pattern I'm going to do some adjusting in the rise and on the tucks in front...I'm always having trouble with the crotch length since my torso is a little longer then average. I'm hoping to pick up some nice wool in downtown LA this summer so I can make some more of these pants for the fall and winter. 

The blouse I am wearing is a thrifted 1980s (polyester!) does vintage...isn't the pleated piece in front fun?! And such a great color, I get so many compliments on it.





3 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job! I've always wanted to try sewing pants, but I'm too scared that I'll mess them up to the point where they're unfixable hahaha I always enjoy reading/seeing your posts the most! You're really talented! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blouse is fabulous, I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely trousers! I really love the 30's/early 40's silhouette for trousers. And that blouse is SO LOVELY. it is a great colour and could easily pass as 30's! Fantastic ensemble!

    ReplyDelete