Thursday, July 7, 2011

Birds of a Feather

Found this fun novelty Rayon fabric at Joann's today. I don't know why it is that I go in there just to get some little something to finish up a project and then walk out with a bag full of fabric! Drives me crazy.
I also picked up a package of goldenrod piping to go with it because I've been inspired by posts over at Colette Patterns.
So now what to do with it?
I've got the following patterns that I'm deciding between:

I've been dying to do this Butterick 5032 fitted dress pattern. I could do a matching belt and maybe a bolero.

Evie at La Couturiere Dimanche just used the keyhole pattern for a bodice which I thought was so cute. I'd do the complete dress...I'm just not sure if such a large print is right for the straps.

I also have this pattern. I like the clean simple lines of the princess seams and how the bolero mimics the same seams.

So I guess the big decision is whether I wanted a fitted skirt or a full one. Things to ponder.

Well I'm finishing up another dress now...just have to get the hem stitched and a section of the lining where it meets the zipper. I should have a post up about that soon.

Also I've been posting pictures and quick little things over at my Facebook so please like me there so you can follow along and add your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. How does the fabric drape? Rayons can be so different. My first thought was a fuller skirt might be great with that print, even before seeing all of your pattern choices. Maybe the princess seamed dress is a good middle ground?

    PS - I too have a fabric store problem. I ALWAYS end up buying more than what I went in for. It's worse than grocery shopping while hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that fabric looks so fun. I'm going to have to check out my local Joanns to see if they have any! I really like the idea of a fitted dress with matching belt. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the dresses are wonderful no wonder you are spoilt for choice.
    Have a lovely sewing weekend.
    Take care, keep safe, be happy
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think a full skirt would be great! the print looks so fun and i bet it'd look great as a fun and flirty full skirt! :D

    ReplyDelete