Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick and Easy Lil' Project

I needed an instant gratification project. So when I came across this Vintage Beach Bra Top on Etsy from Mrsdepew of A Few Threads Loose, I knew it would do just the trick. Boy was I right!! The best part, its a pdf!! So no waiting for Mr. Postman.
I picked up a yard of cotton in a sweet print to match my new green necklace on my way home yesterday...I was so excited that I almost skipped washing my fabric. Lucky for me I needed to do some laundry so I threw it in the wash. Good seamstress.
I got it cut out last night. Isn't the pattern fun? Almost all the instructions are printed on the pattern with detail illustrations.
Got all my darts in. I'm not a fan of stitching darts...this one had 12 total between the self and lining! But the right placement of perfect darts does so much for structure. These are placed just right!
Searched through my box of vintage buttons...the best purchase I ever made was a box of 700+ vintage buttons that contained many lovely sets. Aren't these darling flowers just perfect for this fabric?


And Done!!!!

Now if only the 80 degree weather would come back!!!

My hubbie even suggested I make a matching pair of shorts to go with...guess I'll be running back to get more of this fabric. Once I get the matching shorts done and the gloomy gray skies disappear I'll post a shot of me wearing the set.

7 comments:

  1. Yay, Fabulous! This is the first one I've seen made up since I made mine. It's gorgeous and I love your fabric choice! have you ever tried posting your sewing projects on burdastyle.com? It's a great place to get feedback, and hear the sewing applause of other sewers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what precious buttons! This is such a pretty top!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reagan
    Saw your post on Sew Retro and instantly loved your style. So I immediately hopped over here to say hi. Really looking forward to seeing your blog grow and being inspired! Beautiful stuff!
    Portia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project! I found you on Sew Retro and love your style. Keep up the good work! -- Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was really interested by your Sew Retro post about the hat - came here and you have made up the top I had seen on Etsy - it is lovely. Karen (aka brocobelle)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, your top is so cute!! I saw your post on Sew Retro and had to come over and see more :) And buy the pattern- the one you made from it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete